It goes without saying that winter weather can be dangerous and frightening at times here in New Jersey. However, with the proper precaution and resources on hand, it won’t seem so terrible. To help you out, the staff here at Sansone Auto Group encourages you to keep the following winter driving tips in mind.
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated and have plenty of tread; you also want to have a spare stowed away in case of an emergency
- Avoid using cruise control when traveling on slippery roads
- Watch weather reports before leaving and plan for extra travel time if needed
- Practice smart braking; threshold braking is arguably best. This is when you keep your heel on the floor while using the ball portion of your foot to apply steady, firm pressure to your brake pedal
- Always make sure that you have at least a half tank of fuel
- Store an emergency kit in your vehicle that includes items like bottled water, snacks, flares, a blanket, and a charger for your cell phone
One of the best preventative measures you can do is winter maintenance. Here in our car service centers near Staten Island, NY, we accommodate all winter service needs, such as tire inspections, fluid checks, battery tests, and so much more. Our technicians are experts in the field and have years of knowledge under their belts, and you can trust them to ensure your vehicle is ready to combat the wintry elements.
Count on our staff here at Sansone Auto Group to be there for all your winter automotive needs. We are conveniently located at 90-100 US Highway 1 North in Avenel, NJ and look forward to helping you soon! For more information, contact our new and used car dealers serving Woodbridge, NJ as soon as today.